Pages

Tuesday 20 August 2013

DAY 29: CORE CARDIO AND BALANCE & MEAL PLAN!



Today was the first day of a completely new workout! I had no idea what was coming and that absolutely thrilled me, after a whole month of the same workout, and often dreading what was to come, i was so hyped for this workout!
This is like a halfway point, as we now have a whole week of 'RECOVERY'...yeah right, as if this is going to be any easier....and it wasn't! It seperates the '40 minute workouts' from the Month 2 '60 minute MAX workouts'. 

Really, this isn't a recovery. I still sweat like hell, but it is slightly easier than the likes of Plyo and Pure cardio, and we don't have no repetitiveness either, yay. The warm-up isn't a 3 set killer, it just consists of Switch Heel Kicks, Mummy Kicks, Football Shuffle and Over the Log. They're all quite nice exercises to do, the only difference is we're being asked to do it slower, and that's the harder bit, how do you jump slow?! Please..someone inform me!

After a quick break we have 8 High Knees into 8 Power Jacks followed by 8 Fast Feet into 8 Alternating Hooks. I like these as i feel bad ass punching the air infront of me.....weird huh?

As usual we have to stretch, always my favourite part. It lasts about 4 minutes, and the stretches are pretty much the same as Month 1 just a little bit deeper than previous. A lot more focus is put into the hip flexors and the hamstrings...which i love by the way!

For the workout, i can't lie..it was exhilarating, but i'm not it's number 1 fan that's for sure.
I was sweating the same and pretty out of breath, more fatigue than actual exhaustion. My muscles were crying especially at the end where we had Hip Flexor Burners.
Lemme explain a little:
You lift your knee to hip height, bent knee and keeping your elbows and arms in a defensive kind of position. We then tap our leg to the floor bringing it back up to the same position for approx. 30 seconds. Then, without lowering your leg, hold your knee up and pulse up and own for 30 seconds.
PAINNN.
Then, again without lowering the leg, YES IT'S STILL UP...stretch your leg out and bend, out and bend. For another 30 damn seconds.
......
AND SWITCH LEGS AND DO IT AAAAALLLL AGAIN.

Other exercises in this workout, i'll go through a little day by day. Because i've got to do this for 6 days, i may as well explain a few exercises each day rather than block up a post with a 2500 word essay on my likes an dislikes of Core Cardio and Balance!

MEAL PLAN

I had a bowl of muesli to start my day today, i wasn't feeling anything hot for some reason, woke up craving some cold milk!
For lunch i made some brown rice and chicken breast, tossed together with some onions, garlic and chillis. This is my go to meal, and i love how many different flavours you can add to make it slightly varied each time, i'm a spicy person so 9 times outta 10 i'll have chilli in mine.
Noodles became my dinner and i'm rather annoyed, i had to leave the house pretty quickly and genuinley couldn't grab anything. The cafe at work was closed, there are NO shops on the way to grab some fruit or something, so i sulked and ate noodles feeling them go to my hips instantly. Hence why i refused to let myself rest during my workout and put double effort in. Won't be doing this again, felt crappy as soon as the noodles hit my stomach i swear!

A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment